Every body seems to be asking about super foods at the moment so today I’m using two of my favourites in this delicious chocalate recipe . Cacao and freeze dried berry powders are two ways you can mop up free radicle damage and preserve those good looks, not to mention a healthier body.
Yes folks, they are high in antioxidants and are great to keep stocked in the fridge for a few days when you are on the hunt for something sweet or chocalatey and they require no cooking.
Cacao Energy Balls.This is a quick and easy chocolate recipe and a high antioxidant, raw treat. Prep time 20 minutes Makes approximately 16 balls
3 tbs Raw Cacao Powder
½ cup Dates deseeded
¼ cup Water
1 cup Raw Walnuts
Freeze dried berry powder for coating (Optional)
1) Soak the dates in the water for 5 -10 minutes then blend to a paste.
2) Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the cacao and mix through to combine.
3) Put the walnuts in a blender and process to a fine sand like consistency.
4) Add the walnuts to the cacao mixture and combine.
5) Wet your hands to avoid sticking to the mix and roll teaspoon sized balls.
6) Place them on some baking paper.
7) Pour the freeze dried berry powder onto a plate and roll ½ of the balls to cover.
* Store these in the fridge.
Nb: You could also roll these in coconut or blend up some more walnuts and coat too.