Just wanted to say a little bit about the beautiful lavender plant and how amazing it is.
These gorgeous purple blooms have been growing since ancient times.
It’s uses were well known to the Romans and it remained part of our medicine culture throughout history. It was likely regularly used by our grandparents and great grandparents and still holds its place as one of the favourites in Aromatherapy today.
I’m going to talk a little bit about Lavandula Angustifolia which is English lavender and it’s therapeutic benefits.
Here’s a couple of things you might like to know about lavender essential oil.
1) Commonly known for its affect on stress and reducing problems with insomnia it is a lovely relaxant and great for anxiety as well too.
2) It is good for wound healing and can help speed up the healing process.
3) It’s also helpful with burns as well as being anti-bacterial.
4) It can be diluted to treat small cuts and insect bites.
5) Lavender is also useful for relaxing muscles and tension which includes tension headaches and migraine relief.
Nb: This is for guideline use only. Please consult your natural health practitioner for more information on your individual circumstances for example if you are pregnant or have low blood pressure lavender may be contraindicated for you.
Dragonfly Natural Therapies offers Aromatherapy massage as well as consultations tailored specifically to your individual health needs.