Just wanted to say a little bit
about the beautiful lavender plant and how amazing it is.
These gorgeous purple blooms
have been growing since ancient times.
It’s uses were well known to
the Romans and it remained part of our medicine culture throughout history. It
was likely regularly used by our grandparents and great grandparents and still holds
its place as one of the favourites in Aromatherapy today.
I’m going to talk a little bit about Lavandula Angustifolia which
is English lavender and it’s therapeutic benefits.
Here’s a couple of things you might like to know about lavender
1) Commonly known for its
affect on stress and reducing problems
with insomnia it is a lovely relaxant and great for anxiety as well too.
2) It is good for wound healing and can help speed up the
3) It’s also helpful with burns as well as being anti-bacterial.
4) It can be diluted to treat small cuts and insect bites.
5) Lavender is also useful for
relaxing muscles and tension which includes tension headaches and migraine
Nb: This is for guideline use only. Please consult your natural
health practitioner for more information on your individual circumstances for
example if you are pregnant or have low blood pressure lavender may be
contraindicated for you.
Dragonfly Natural Therapies
offers Aromatherapy massage as well as consultations tailored specifically to
your individual health needs.
A look back at ‘Nourished in Nature’ Retreat Khao Lak Thailand.
Firstly, I would like to say Thank you to the lovely ladies who joined me for this special retreat in Khao Lak Thailand.
We spent 6 nights together to celebrate our connection with nature and to deepen our connection to self.
We were blessed with sunny tropical weather and breath taking beauty in nature.
During the retreat we indulged in tropical fruit, delicious Thai food and discovered much about Thai culture and Nature.
Some of the high lights were exploring temples and historic sites, bamboo rafting through the jungle, enjoying a day out to explore the Similan Islands National Park and to snorkel and receiving Thai Massages overlooking the beach.
I managed to fit in a few workshops, healing sessions and consultations along with some meditations on the beach.
During this time, we let go, relaxed, received, reconnected to ourselves and shared with each other.
Below are a few pictures from our time.
I’m feeling so blessed to have had this experience and I look forward to inviting you to the next one in Thailand in 2020.
If you are interested in attending one of my overseas retreats, you may wish to join me in Hawaii in November. You can find out more and keep up to date by subscribing to the retreat newsletter below.
To have a healthy and happy life we need to have balance. Sometimes we get so caught up in our daily routine we forget how to have fun and relax. Here are some suggestions to revive your spirit.
* Go to the beach and walk bare foot on the sand, breathe the sea air or go for a swim.
* Meditation: Join a class or practice at home or sit in nature, listen to a guided
* Yoga: Join a class or buy a yoga video and practice at home.
* Baths: Soak in Epsom salts, or milk and some relaxing essential oils
* Oil vapouriser: Use your favourite essential oils
* Swim. Do laps and feel fit or just splash around.
* Go out with your Friends, enjoy their company, catch up.
* Read a book , newspaper or a magazine
* Get creative, write, paint, cook, play music, exercise, dance,
* Play with your pets
Can you think of more?
Directions: Take at least one suggestion and add to your day.
Are you one of these people who overthinks the whole Christmas day? Planning every last detail and so highly strung about everything going well that you forget to enjoy yourself on the day or are you the last minute dash to the shops for late night shopping crazy person? If you identify with either of these personas, you may enjoy a little Aromatherapy in your life.
The following essential oils are perfect to attract a little calm and joy into your life.
Bergamot is balancing to the nervous system and provides a feeling of centredness and confidence. Geranium is a joyfully uplifting and vibrant oil, providing refreshing and mood enhancing properties. Lavender is well known as a relaxant for stress and can bring a sense of peace and calm. Lemon provides a clean and refreshing scent which is balancing to our nervous system and can improve our mental clarity and mood.
* Use one or more of the above oils in your vapouriser (3-4 drops) or add to your favourite massage oil base (1 drop essential oil to 5 ml almond/olive oil etc) and apply to feet or arms, neck and shoulders.
This is a guideline only,always do a skin patch test first and seek medical advice if you are pregnant.