I have noticed that the times that I get irritated, frustrated or run down are the times where I have shut off including myself in the equation.
When I don’t pay attention to cues from my body or continue to ignore the things that feel really light and joyful to me instead choosing the list of what I ‘should ‘ be doing, I notice things can seem really heavy quickly.
So today I’m choosing for me. I wonder what wonderful things will show up?
It’s Spring time and all those gorgeous blooms are coming out along with a high pollen count.
If you suffer from hayfever, you may like to try some of the following natural remedies for support.
Vitamin C is great for stopping secondary infections and is also a natural antihistamine.
2. Homeopathic desensiting. Did you know that you can desensitise yourself to known allergens like grass and pollen, cat fur, dustmite etc through a homeopathic desenstitising treatment which involves taking oral drops of natural antihistamines and your allergens.
3) Garlic and horseradish are well known for their immune antihistamines properties. Tablets are readily available from your local chemist or health store.
4) Raw Local Honey contains bee pollen which may help you desentise to pollens in your area
5) Ginger: Consuming ginger in food,juices or tea may reduce inflammation and help your hayfever symptoms.
6) Eucalyptus or Lavender essential oil inhaled may assist the opening of your sinus passages and reduce inflammation and irritation.
7) Probiotics can help balance your gut bacteria which effects your immune response.
8) Kiwi Fruit contains bromelain which is a natural anti-inflammatory. Consuming them may help reduce sinus pressure and irritation.
is a general advice only. For ongoing sinus, allergic issues, seek specific advice
from your natural health care professional.
learn more about homeopathic desensitising for your allergies, Contact
Dragonfly Natural Therapies Centre for more information.
Spearmint oil is a milder essential oil than peppermint.
It is a great one for alleviating tummy troubles including bloating, nausea, cramping and IBS type symptoms.
It calms the nervous system so is useful for stress
Spearmint is also useful at PMT time to reduce pain, fatigue
It’s also great at deterring insects when you are out and
Make up 1 drop of essential oil to 10ml of carrier oil and
massage into abdomen in a clockwise direction.
This is general information. For more specific advice on essential oils, please consult your natural health care practitioner.
*Spearmint should not be used if you have liver or kidney stones.
To learn more about using essential oils safely for your health, Sharon offers acute 20 min online consultations or if you want to experience a relaxing aromatherapy massage with Sharon using essential oils tailored specifically for you contact Dragonfly Natural Therapies to make an appointment.
Just wanted to say a little bit
about the beautiful lavender plant and how amazing it is.
These gorgeous purple blooms
have been growing since ancient times.
It’s uses were well known to
the Romans and it remained part of our medicine culture throughout history. It
was likely regularly used by our grandparents and great grandparents and still holds
its place as one of the favourites in Aromatherapy today.
I’m going to talk a little bit about Lavandula Angustifolia which
is English lavender and it’s therapeutic benefits.
Here’s a couple of things you might like to know about lavender
1) Commonly known for its
affect on stress and reducing problems
with insomnia it is a lovely relaxant and great for anxiety as well too.
2) It is good for wound healing and can help speed up the
3) It’s also helpful with burns as well as being anti-bacterial.
4) It can be diluted to treat small cuts and insect bites.
5) Lavender is also useful for
relaxing muscles and tension which includes tension headaches and migraine
Nb: This is for guideline use only. Please consult your natural
health practitioner for more information on your individual circumstances for
example if you are pregnant or have low blood pressure lavender may be
contraindicated for you.
Dragonfly Natural Therapies
offers Aromatherapy massage as well as consultations tailored specifically to
your individual health needs.